How do you choose the best health insurance company? Meaning and tips explained: We cannot deny it, this coronavirus pandemic has made us aware of how any serious illness can affect anyone at any time. We are also seeing the cost of medical treatments increasing continuously. Because of the greater likelihood of falling ill in this pandemic, the chances are that the cost of treating the disease could put a heavy financial burden on your accumulated savings over time. It may also result in your child getting the best education possible or defaulting on your home loan payments. In such a case, you must have heard everyone about health insurance to help you make advance decisions and prepare for important times. Therefore, here in this video we explain to you what health insurance is and how you can choose the best health insurance. Also Read – 7 Dangerous Foods For Dogs | Food To Avoid Feeding Your Pets
What is health insurance? Also Read – 5 Yoga Asanas To Relieve Arthritis And Treat Its Symptoms
Health insurance is a type of insurance that covers medical expenses incurred as a result of illness. These expenses can be related to hospitalization costs, drug costs, or doctor visit costs. Also Read – Why Muesli Is Good For Weight Loss In Summer?
There are basically two types of health insurance:
- Median claim: This is the simplest type of health insurance among the other plans. Mediclaim plans are hospital stay plans that cover treatment costs when you are hospitalized. They usually cover the whole family up to a certain limit.
- Serious Illness Insurance Plans: While critical insurance plans only cover certain life-threatening illnesses that require longer treatment or even a change in lifestyle. It also serves as an income replacement for the time when you were unable to return to work due to illness.
How do you choose the best health insurance company?
There are different health insurances whose plans differ in terms of functions and services. According to the requirements, the decision depends entirely on the people according to their health goals. However, here are some key factors that can be considered before creating a plan.
- Compare policies and check out insurance coverage
- Make sure that health insurance is affordable
- Check if the company has a network with cashless hospitals
- Check whether you can choose between single and family floater policies
- Also take a look at the claims process and claims settlement rate
If you are confused between different companies, here are some companies to choose from to take out your health insurance plan.
- Mahindra health insurance box
- Bajaj Allianz health insurance
- Nursing health insurance
- Paragraph health insurance
- Future health insurance Genrali
Before you take out insurance, you should consider the most important points so that your finances are also protected against significant medical costs in the future.
Screenplay by: Sneha M Jain