He claims frozen assets are in Spain, Russia and Canada.
Sharij hasn’t lived in Ukraine for a decade / screenshot from a video
The Kiev Pechersky District Court has decided to confiscate the real estate and bank accounts of Ukrainian blogger Anatoly Sharij.
He announced this on June 2 in the Telegram.
According to him, he has not lived in Ukraine for 10 years and allegedly has not been involved in any financial or economic activities in the country. In this context, his assets were frozen in Spain, Russia and Canada.
also readLithuania declares controversial Ukrainian blogger Sharij a persona non grata – media
As previously reported, Lithuania recently canceled all documents regarding the refugee status of Sharij, who is charged with high treason in Ukraine, and declared him a persona non grata. Sharij has already appealed against Lithuania’s decision on its refugee status.
A law enforcement source at the media company Ukrayinska Pravda also confirmed the seizure of Sharij’s assets.
In addition, Censor.net editor Yuriy Butusov shared a list of the confiscated items in a Facebook post on June 2. According to him, this involves a villa and residential property in Tarragona, Spain, as well as bank accounts in Spain. CaixaBank, Russia-based Raiffeisen Bank and East-West United Bank SA (Luxembourg). The court also ruled on temporary access to Sharij’s possessions and documents representing banking secrets at HSBC Bank Canada.
However, the press service of the Ukrainian security service SGE said in a comment for the Ukrainska Pravda that the information was confidential as a pre-trial investigation was ongoing and it should not be disclosed.
“This information is confidential during the pre-trial investigation and will not be disclosed until the court’s judgments are enforced,” said the SBU.
- On February 16, 2021, the SGE security service of Ukraine announced that it had filed a criminal complaint against Sharij. The charges were brought under the two articles of the Criminal Code of Ukraine – Part 1 of Article 111 (High Treason) and Part 1 of Article 161 (Violation of the equality of citizens based on their race, nationality, religious belief, disability or others). Reasons). Investigators believe that he acted illegally in the media sector to the detriment of the national security of Ukraine and in favor of foreign actors.
- On February 25, 2021, the SBU put Sharij on the wanted list.
- On March 1, 2021, the SBU informed the public prosecutor of the city of Kiev that false information had been given when the registration for the Shariy party was renewed.
- On March 11, 2021, the Ukrainian Ministry of Justice filed a lawsuit with the Kiev District Administrative Court to outlaw the Sharij party. On April 6, 2021, the court held its first hearing on the case, at which the attorney announced the judge’s expulsion.
- The party, in turn, filed a counterclaim against the SGE headquarters of the city of Kiev and the Kiev region with the Kiev District Administrative Court. The plaintiff asked the court to declare illegal the actions of the Directorate, which forwarded to the Ministry of Justice documents proving the Shariy Party’s violation of Ukrainian legislation.