DES MOINES, Iowa, Jan. 9, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The Global Insurance Accelerator (GIA) will be welcoming 10 exciting InsurTech companies to join the cohort on January 15, 2019 in Des Moines, Iowa.
“It’s been an incredible journey,” said Brian Hemesath, executive director of the GIA. “Today, insurance company employees, like those who represent our investors as mentors in the GIA program, are better able to“ speak ”to startups, which accelerates opportunities for both sides. Mentoring trains and empowers individuals, and ensures that pilot and partnership insurance companies are well equipped to capitalize on the new ideas that each cohort brings to the table. “
The selected companies represent technologies that add value to all insurance lines and participate in the GIA’s action-packed, mentor-driven program. This year’s GIA cohort teams are developing and delivering new products and business models for buying insurance, protecting against cyber risk, automating underwriting, advisory services, digital transformation, claims settlement, retirement planning and managing employee benefits.
- BriteBee enables consumers to search for trusted insurance agents on an online marketplace.
- cowbell Simplifies and accelerates the process of obtaining accurate cyber insurance coverage for companies by mapping insurable threats to the nature of the threats.
- ebbie Specialized in developing e-applications and automating insurance for life and health insurance companies.
- Everyday life makes it easy to buy the right life insurance using artificial intelligence (AI) to provide high quality advisory services and personalized recommendations.
- friendly Digitizes and structures documents and notes to automate time-consuming, everyday tasks like data entry, document indexing, and jurisdiction for simple products.
- Liscena automates the decisions and interactions between policyholders and insurance companies with AI-powered claims adjusters.
- Micruity supports companies seeking synergy between employee benefits and human resource strategy by introducing finance-oriented insurance products such as B. enable deferred pensions in the company pension scheme.
- Predictive Health Partner leverages real-time predictive analytics, personalized and conveniently delivered through a mobile app, to help employees be better consumers and health care managers.
- Prosper eDNA Increases the accuracy and planning of insurance companies working in the life, long-term care, and retirement sectors by making accurate lifetime predictions and enabling personalized epigenetic (not genetic) monitoring.
- The typesetting data refinery supports insurance companies by quickly and accurately reading and interpreting record data on events and activities in claims and drawing files.
The GIA’s 100-day program consists of countless 1: 1 meetings with insurance experts, site visits to insurance offices, networking events, discussions with experienced InsurTech founders, training courses, introductions to investors and much more. The program ends with final presentations at the Global Insurance Symposium on April 24th in Des Moines.
“One of the most valuable elements of the GIA program is the opportunity to immerse yourself in the technology and insurance rich environment of Des Moines to gain industry and first hand insights from those who work and innovate in the field every day,” he said Jeff Russell, President of Delta Dental, Iowa and Chairman of the GIA.
The GIA is backed by investors from US insurance companies including Allstate, American Equity Investment Life Holding, Delta Dental of Iowa, EMC Insurance, Farm Bureau Financial Services, Farmers Mutual Iowa Hail Insurance, Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, and IMT Insurance Companies, Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Markel Corporation, Principal Financial Group and SFM Mutual Insurance Company.
For information on how to become an investor, mentor, or program advisor for the GIA, or for more information on the GIA’s InsurTech Week program, held each fall, please visit www.globalinsuranceaccelerator.com.
About the Global Insurance Accelerator (GIA)
The Global Insurance Accelerator (GIA), introduced in 2015, promotes innovation in and for the insurance industry through a 100-day program controlled by mentors. GIA supports an annual cohort by providing each graduate company with start-up capital of $ 40,000 versus six percent equity. During the program, cohort members receive insurance-specific mentoring through one-to-one meetings with industry executives, as well as basic business infrastructure support, investment-gathering coaching, and product-specific insights into strategies to improve applicability and feasibility for the insurance industry. The expanded GIA network includes investors, startups, and insurance company mentors from across the global business and insurance community. For more details please visit www.globalinsuranceaccelerator.com.
St. Nick Media Services